SWORDFISH MAYHEM GENERAL RULES
1. Registration: $750
Teams may pre-register for the tournament online, by phone or mail. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa & American Express accepted.) 3% service charge will be added to ALL credit card transactions. Please make check payable to MEAT Mayhem Inc. Payments by phone please call 954.605-8284. A member from any registered team is responsible for contacting tournament committee on August 27th between 4 pm – 7pm to notify which inlet the team will be leaving from, and to obtain the phrase that must be recorded during the landing of any fish. (TEAMS CAN LEAVE FROM ANY INLET) Recording must be a video of the fish being gaffed and/or immediately after boated. Tournament fishing day is August 28th 2021.
**After your fishing day is completed and you have a fish to weigh you must contact tournament committee on cell phone to declare which weigh station you will be weighing your fish.**
2. Entry Forms: All entry forms must be completely filled out by all participants in the Swordfish Mayhem. Tournament officials reserve the right to refuse application or entry into the tournament at their discretion with or without cause.
3. Anglers: Each boat may register as many anglers as they choose. All anglers should be listed on the form. Please notify the committee of any angler changes prior to the start of fishing. ALL ANGLERS MUST HAVE A VALID FLORIDA FISHING LICENSE! All registered anglers must comply with all applicable FEDERAL AND FLORIDA LAWS regarding fishing licenses, size limits, bag limits, speed limits, highly migratory species permit, etc. Visit http://myfwc.com/ for all regulations.
4. Eligible Species: SWORDFISH. (Dolphin only count towards largest dolphin Calcutta.)
5. Fish Limit: Each boat may weigh up to 2 swordfish. (Only 1 swordfish will count towards general prize payouts). Swordfish may be weighed if bit by shark or run over by vessel only if the remainder the fish is at least 47” lower jaw fork length. Any eligible fish must have either a head or tail attached to be able to be weighed. We will not weigh a core of a fish. *** Teams must film a 10 second time stamped cell phone video stating team name, boat number and video of fish after it has been brought onboard***
6. Tackle: All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Electric reels are allowed. Teams can fish more then one rod at a time.
7. Tournament Channel: The tournament committee will operate on Channel 80. Channel 72 will be used as an alternate. All discussions among competitors should be conducted on alternate channels. Report time fish is boated on Channel 80.
8. Boundaries: No Boundaries.
9. Check-Out: Leave from any inlet. Gentleman’s lines in @ 7:00AM.
10. Landfall: Following check-out, or once fishing hours have begun, no boats will be permitted to touch land until reaching the dock for weigh-in. Special consideration will be given for medical conditions and special circumstances that may arise during the day of fishing. The committee must be notified in advance of any situation that may warrant exception to this rule.
11. Boat Check: Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any boat participating in the tournament prior to the start of fishing. Any boat that refuses inspection will be automatically disqualified from the tournament. *No fish are allowed to be on-board caught from previous days. We understand that the sportfish boats have deeper draft and may not be able to get to Worldwide Dock in Islamorada. Sportfish boats that have to weigh a fish in Islamorada will be able to bring their fish by truck to this weigh station. These teams will have to contact tournament committee once in cell phone range for instructions. THIS RULE IS ONLY IN PLACE FOR SPORTFISH BOATS WEIGHING IN ISLAMORADA.
12. Weigh-In: All boats with fish to weigh-in must be visually checked in by displaying their boat # to the tournament committee on one of the four weigh-in locations. Boats that do not check in by 6:00PM will not be eligible to weigh their fish unless you have completed the necessary protocol. If your team is hooked up at 3:30 P.M.you will need to film a 10 second time stamped video showing your team hooked up. If your team is still hooked up to a fish at 4:00PM or after, you must attempt to contact another team or boat and give them GPS coordinates. This will validate your hookup. Also, your team will need a time stamp video every 30 minutes while hooked up after 4:00PM. Once your team is in cell phone range you must contact tournament committee for instructions.
13. Weather: Weather cancellations are made by tournament director.. Any notice of cancellation will be broadcast on channel 80. If Saturday is weathered out, the tournament will be moved to the same hours on Sunday. It is expressly understood that the permitting of fishing by tournament officials does not ensure the safety of registered anglers or any other occupants of their vessels. Captains, anglers and all other members of registered boats must determine in their own judgment whether to fish under the given conditions based on factors including but not limited to the seaworthiness of their boat and their own seamanship.
14. Protests: All protests must be made within 1 hour of the conclusion of weigh-in along with $500 cash or check to the tournament officials. Protests should be made based on first hand eyewitness information. All decisions of the tournament officials regarding protests are final.
15. Polygraph: By entering the tournament all captains, anglers and occupants of their boats voluntarily consent to submit to a polygraph examination as deemed necessary by tournament officials. All decisions of the polygraph examiner will be final. Any captain, angler or occupant of a registered boat who refuses to take a polygraph or provides untruthful answers as determined by the examiner will be disqualified from the tournament without further notice. Such a disqualification will eliminate payment or provision of any prize money, awards and/or refund of entrance fees.
16. Release: By signing the entry form, all captains, anglers and occupants of their boat hereby consent that tournament officials may use without payment or restriction, any photographs, video or interviews in which he or she may appear for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising and promotional material.
17. Tournament Discretion: The tournament director reserves the right to implement his discretion at any time during the tournament as it may apply to the rules or any other circumstance that should arise during the course of the event.
18. Prizes: Only one general entry prize will be awarded per boat. Teams are able to win multiple Calcutta’s.
19. Weigh In Locations:
Islamorada – Bud N’ Marys
Miami – Miami Beach Marina
Pompano – Lighthouse Point Marina
Palm Beach -Sailfish Marina
20. Winnings: Checks for the winning teams will be made out to the person on team that filled out the W9 Form. 1099’s for all winnings over $599 will also be made out to the person listed on the check that was written for the team’s winnings. At least one person from each winning team must be present to receive check.If no one from team is at Awards Ceremony, they forfeit their winnings. 10% of all Calcuttas will be retained by Meat Mayhem Inc.