1. Registration: $500 – Teams may pre-register for the tournament online, by phone or mail. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa & American Express accepted.) 4% service charge will be added to ALL credit card transactions. Please make check payable to MEAT Mayhem Inc. Payments by phone please call 954.605.8284. *All team registrations must be approved by the tournament director. Team Participation is at the tournament directors discretion*
2. Entry Forms: All entry forms must be completely filled out by all participants in the Clearwater Beach Kingfish Mayhem. Tournament officials reserve the right to refuse application or entry into the tournament at their discretion with or without cause.
3. Anglers: Each boat may register as many anglers as they choose. All anglers should be listed on the form. Please notify the committee of any angler changes prior to the start of fishing. ALL ANGLERS MUST HAVE A VALID FLORIDA FISHING LICENSE!
4. Eligible Species: Kingfish. (Cobia, Wahoo & Blackfin Tuna only count towards largest cobia, wahoo & Blackfin Tuna Calcuttas.)
5. Fish Limit: Each boat may weigh 1 Kingfish. Minimum weight 10 lbs. *2 and 4 kingfish may be weighed for the Calcuttas only*
6. Tackle: All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Wire lines are permitted. No electric reels (except kite rods & downriggers.) Treble hooks are permitted.
7. Hook & Catch: Fishing with live bait is permitted in the tournament; however, live chumming is not permitted. Live bait teasers are not allowed. All teams in the tournament are prohibited from having any boats outside the tournament to live chum on their behalf. Frozen chum and cut bait are permitted.
8. Tournament Channel: The tournament committee will operate on Channel 80. Channel 72 will be used as an alternate. All discussions among competitors should be conducted on alternate channels.
9. Boundaries: No boundaries.
10. Check-Out: Leave from any inlet. Gentleman’s lines in @ 7:00AM. NO LINES IN OR CHUMMING PRIOR TO 7:00 am. THIS INCLUDES BAIT FISHING
11. Landfall: Following check-out, or once fishing hours have begun, no boats will be permitted to touch land until reaching the dock for weigh-in. Special consideration will be given for medical conditions and special circumstances that may arise during the day of fishing. The committee must be notified in advance of any situation that may warrant exception to this rule.
12. Boat Check: Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any boat participating in the tournament prior to the start of fishing. Any boat that refuses inspection will be automatically disqualified from the tournament. *No fish are allowed to be on-board caught from previous days. Either donate your fish or keep them in a cooler off your boat or you will be disqualified*
13. Weigh-In: All boats with fish to weigh-in must be visually checked in by displaying their boat # to the tournament committee at Marina Cantina. Boats that do not check in by 5:00PM will not be eligible to weigh their fish. After your kingfish is weighed, it becomes property of Meat Mayhem Inc. and will be donated. Check in at Marina Cantina. *Scales will open at 4:00PM*
14. Weather: Weather cancellations are made by tournament director.. Any notice of cancellation will be broadcast on channel 80. If Saturday is weathered out, the tournament will be moved to the same hours on Sunday. It is expressly understood that the permitting of fishing by tournament officials does not ensure the safety of registered anglers or any other occupants of their vessels. Captains, anglers and all other members of registered boats must determine in their own judgment whether to fish under the given conditions based on factors including but not limited to the seaworthiness of their boat and their own seamanship.
15. Protests: All protests must be made within 1 hour of the conclusion of weigh-in along with $1000 cash or check to the tournament officials. Protests should be made based on first hand eyewitness information. All decisions of the tournament officials regarding protests are final.
16. Polygraph: By entering the tournament all captains, anglers and occupants of their boats voluntarily consent to submit to a polygraph examination as deemed necessary by tournament officials. All decisions of the polygraph examiner will be final. Any captain, angler or occupant of a registered boat who refuses to take a polygraph or provides untruthful answers as determined by the examiner will be disqualified from the tournament without further notice. Such a disqualification will eliminate payment or provision of any prize money, awards and/or refund of entrance fees.
17. Release: By signing the entry form, all captains, anglers and occupants of their boat hereby consent that tournament officials may use without payment or restriction, any photographs, video or interviews in which he or she may appear for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising and promotional material.
18. Tournament Discretion: The tournament director reserves the right to implement his discretion at any time during the tournament as it may apply to the rules or any other circumstance that should arise during the course of the event.