2023 PRO SERIES GENERAL RULES
1. PRO SERIES Registration: $5000 per division (North and South) – This is the entry fee for the four Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series events in each division. Returning Pro Series teams registration will open September 1, 2022.. The Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series will be capped at 40 boats in each division. Teams may register for the PRO SERIES online. Payment may be made by credit card (MasterCard, Visa & American Express accepted.) 4% service charge will be added to ALL credit card transactions. $2,500 registration deposit is due by October 1, 2022.. This will hold your teams’ spot in the Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series. Teams must pay the remaining balance of ($2,500) by December 1, 2022, to finalize your teams’ registration and enter you into the 4 Pro series events. NO REFUNDS ON PAYMENTS-NO EXCEPTIONS. Teams will be competing for each individual Pro Series prize purse as well as Top cumulative 3 Event Aggregate in hopes of winning the End of the Year Prize Payouts. All team registrations must be approved by the tournament director. Team participation is at the tournament directors discretion*
2. Entry Forms: All entry forms must be completely filled out by all participants in the Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series. Tournament officials reserve the right to refuse application or entry into the tournament at their discretion with or without cause.
3. Teams: Each boat may register up to 1 captain 1 co-captain and 5 anglers. (7 total team members). Children under the age of 16 will be able to fish on a team and not be counted as 1 of the 7 team members. Children must be added to the team roster at each event. All team members must be listed on the registration form. THIS WILL BE YOUR TEAM FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON… NO SUBSTITUTES! NO EXCEPTIONS! **A substitute will be considered for medical reasons only and are subject to the Tournament Director’s approval** Changes to your team’s roster can be made up until the Key West Kingfish Mayhem captain’s meeting! The Captain listed on the application is responsible for the safety and conduct of his/her anglers on tournament days. In the event that the Captain is unable to fish a tournament/s, the Co-Captain is then responsible for the safety and conduct of his/her anglers on tournament days. All four (4) Captain’s Meetings are mandatory for competing teams. One person from each team must be present and attend the captain’s meeting at each event.
4. Eligible Species: Kingfish.
5. Fish Limit: PRO SERIES EVENTS ARE TWO DAY TOURNAMENTS. Each boat may weigh 1 Kingfish each day. (Your pro series fish weighed in on day 2 can count towards the pro series and open event). Kingfish must be a minimum of 10 lbs. to weigh in.
6. Scoring System: For 2023, the kingfish weights will correlate to points.
1st Place – 50 points
2nd Place – 49 points
3rd Place – 48 points
4th place – 47 points
7. Series Points System: The Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series is a 4 tournament event with an aggregate competition. Teams will carry their points from each event to their total series aggregate (3 Events total). At the end of the fourth event, teams will drop their (1) lowest event points.
8. Tackle: All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Wire lines are permitted. No electric reels (except kite rods & downriggers.) Treble hooks are permitted.
9. Hook & Catch: Fishing with live bait is permitted in the tournament; however, live chumming is not permitted. Live bait teasers are not allowed. All teams in the tournament are prohibited from having any boats outside the tournament to live chum on their behalf. Frozen chum and cut bait are permitted.
10. There are no boundaries in the Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series.
11. Check out: Checkout is specific for each Leg. Please review the schedule for each leg for specific times and locations.
12. Landfall: Following check-out, or once fishing hours have begun, no boats will be permitted to touch land until reaching the dock for weigh-in. Special consideration will be given to medical conditions and special circumstances that may arise during the day of fishing. The committee must be notified in advance of any situation that may warrant an exception to this rule.
13. Boat Check: Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any boat participating in the tournament prior to the start of fishing each morning. Any boat that refuses inspection will be automatically disqualified from the tournament. No fish are allowed to be on-board caught from previous days. Either donate your fish or keep them in a cooler off your boat or you will be disqualified* Please review the schedule for each leg for specific times and locations.
14. Video: Teams will be required to provide a 10-second video of the fish that they are weighing in. This can be while the fish is being gaffed or shortly after when the fish is on the deck or going into the fish bag. A team member must show the boat number in the video. This must be filmed on a cell phone with proof of timestamp in video. No Exceptions!
15. Weigh-In: All boats with fish to weigh-in must be visually checked in by displaying their boat # to the tournament committee. Boats that do not check-in by the specified time for that particular leg will not be eligible to weigh their fish. If the weigh in line is backed up please stage in the channel until your boat number is called to the dock. Please be courteous of other teams and please keep music at a minimum so teams can hear the Vhf to be called in. Once your team has weighed in you must move your boat off the weigh in dock to open up the dock. No exceptions… You may weigh only 1 fish per day. *Check-in times vary per leg. Please review the schedule for each leg for specific times and locations. Teams MUST check-in with tournament official (Channel 80) prior to coming into the weigh in the dock. Teams that decide not to participate in weigh-in must still check in with the tournament committee boat to announce they have made it back in safely. Fish may only be brought to the scales by boat. The boat must be the vessel listed on tournament documents for that specific tournament day. Tournament officials have the right to inspect any or all boats entered after check-in. Fish being weighed in the tournament will be inspected for all manners of cheating by a tournament official. Fish must be weighed in by a registered team member that fished on the team that day. No rotten or mutilated fish will be allowed to be weighed in.
**ALL FISH MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCALE INSIDE A ZIPPERED FISH BAG** After your fish is weighed, it becomes property of Meat Mayhem Inc. and will be donated. In the event of a tie, the team that checked in on the dock first wins.
16. Weather: Weather cancellations are made by the tournament director. In the event of a tournament being canceled due to weather, the event will be rescheduled for the following day! Any notice of cancellation will be broadcast on channel 80. Announcements regarding weather & other important tournament information will be communicated to team captains & co-captains via text messages, phone calls. It is expressly understood that the permitting of fishing by tournament officials does not ensure the safety of registered anglers or any other occupants of their vessels. Captains, anglers, and all other members of registered boats must determine in their own judgment whether to fish under the given conditions based on factors including but not limited to the seaworthiness of their boat and their own seamanship.
17. Protests: All protests must be made within 1 hour of the conclusion of the weigh-in along with $1000 cash or check to the tournament officials. Protests should be made based on first-hand eyewitness information. All decisions of the tournament officials regarding protests are final.
18. Polygraph: By entering the tournament all captains, anglers, and occupants of their boats voluntarily consent to submit to a polygraph examination as deemed necessary by tournament officials. All decisions of the polygraph examiner will be final. Any captain, angler, or occupant of a registered boat who refuses to take a polygraph or provides untruthful answers as determined by the examiner will be disqualified from the tournament without further notice. Such a disqualification will eliminate payment or provision of any prize money, awards, and/or refund of entrance fees.
19. Release: By signing the entry form, all captains, anglers, and occupants of their boat hereby consent that tournament officials may use without payment or restriction, any photographs, video, or interviews in which he or she may appear for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, and promotional material. All team captains must sign TV release form for their entire team for the season. If you wish to not be filmed due to warrants, ex girlfriends etc please make us aware.
20. Tournament Discretion: The tournament director reserves the right to implement his discretion at any time during the tournament as it may apply to the rules or any other circumstance that should arise during the course of the event.
21. Winnings: Checks for the winning teams will be made out to the person on the team that filled out the W9 Form. 1099’s for all winnings over $599 will also be made out to the person listed on the check that was written for the team’s winnings. At least one person from each winning team must be present to receive a check. Checks will be issued at the Awards on Sunday @ 12:00 am at Oceans Edge Marina. If no one from the team is at the event for the Awards Ceremony, they forfeit their winnings. 10% of all Calcuttas will be retained by Meat Mayhem Inc.
2023 Kingfish Mayhem Pro Series Prize Structure
Leg 1: Key West 1st - $30,000 2nd - $10,000 3rd - $6,000 4th - $5,000 5th - $4,000 6th - $3,500 7th - $3,000 8th - $2,500 9th - $2,000 10th - $1,600 11th - $1,400 12th - $1,000
Leg 2, Leg 3 and Leg 4 in each Division 1st - $30,000 2nd - $10,000 3rd - $5,000 4th - $2,500 5th - $1,500 6th - $1,000 Team of the year in each Division 1st - $10,000 2nd - $5,000 3rd - $3,000 4th - $2,500 5th - $2,000
Prize Structure is based on 40 boats in each Division (North and South)
Championship – Biloxi *Based on 50 boats ($1,500 entry) 1st - $30,000 2nd - $10,000 3rd - $5,000 4th - $4,000 5th - $3,000 6th - $2,500 7th - $2,000 8th - $1,500 9th - $1,250 10th - $750